Founder Jeremy Evans at California Sports Lawyer® is moderating a panel entitled "Front Office Roundtable: Leadership in Sports" with the California Lawyers Foundation for the second webinar installment of the Signature Speaker Series, held on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. PST via Zoom. The panelists include:
- Caroline Perry, SVP/GC at San Diego Padres (MLB) & CLF Board Member
- Tracey Lesetar-Smith, SVP/GC at NASCAR
- D’Lonra Ellis, VP/GC at Oakland Athletics (MLB)
- Hannah Gordon, CAO/GC at San Francisco 49ers (NFL)
- Katie Pothier, EVP/GC at Texas Rangers (MLB)
- Moderator: Jeremy M. Evans, CEO/Founder/Managing Attorney at California Sports Lawyer® & CLA Vice President and CLF Secretary
About the event: Front office executive and attorney Branch Rickey (MLB Hall of Fame) who invented the farm system, introduced batting helmets, and broke the color barrier by bringing Jackie Robinson to the Dodgers, once said baseball (and sports in general) would be run by lawyers. Today, many front offices of professional sports teams are run by lawyers leading legal departments, including an increasing number of women. Hear from the best and brightest in the business on how to lead, excel, and succeed in sports. Topics include stadium and real estate development, human resources, contracts, intellectual property, and helping to run a front office as an attorney and executive in professional sports.
The event is presented by the California Lawyers Foundation, the non-profit arm of the California Lawyers Association.